As part of Ofsted’s safeguarding requirements, all our children must bring a hat/cap to school in the Summer term as they will be outside in direct sunlight for most of lunchtime. Children may wear a hat from home for this Summer term. We will be introducing a summer hat/cap with school logo in 2015 – 2016.
School Ties (Summer Time)
Once we come back to school in the Summer term 2 and the weather turns sufficiently warm to be uncomfortable for tie-wearing, we will then message parents that children can stop wearing ties. Let’s hope that is as early as possible!
- Black Shorts,
- Red T-shirt with school logo
- Swimming hats.
For field games
during the winter months e.g. November - March (Y3 – 6 only)
- Black tracksuit bottoms/leggings
- Red hoody with school logo
- Training shoes
These items of uniform remain optional in terms of where they can be bought by parents but the school uniform shop will sell high quality items at very competitive prices
Indoor P.E. is done barefoot but Junior children will be expected to wear trainers (from home) for outdoor sessions. Once the weather changes in the Autumn term, all Junior children will need to be ready to wear their Winter P.E. kit. Infant children do not need to purchase a pair of plimsolls. If footwear is needed,KS1 teachers will notify parents to send trainers into school. Because our Infant children do more indoor P.E., we do not expect Infant parents to purchase a Winter P.E. kit. Teachers will contact Infant parents, as and when it may be necessary, for the children to bring warmer P.E. kit from home into school.
- Earrings and jewellery are unsuitable and unsafe for school wear and should not be worn. However we do allow pupils to wear one stud in each ear.
- Similarly hair should be of a natural colour and worn in a conventional style.
- All hair that can be tied back should be tied back every day
- Nail varnish or tattoos are not permitted.