SEND and SEMH Inclusion Manager - Required as soon as possible
35 hours per week, term-time only permanent contract.
£24,000 -£28,000 (£12.44 - £14.51 per hour) p.a. pro rata across the year.
The exact date and nature of the interview process will remain flexible to allow for changes in government guidance regarding Covid 19 and the work place.
Our recent SIAMS Inspection Report celebrated Archbishop Benson's "…exceptional quality of inclusion…" and its "…transformational impact on (vulnerable pupils') lives and learning…"
Having made a strong start, we are now entering an exciting new phase of developing our provision even further. The Governors of Archbishop Benson CE Primary School are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate who will play a pivotal role in moving the school forward and who will be a key member of the school's management team.
The Inclusion Manager will work directly with pupils, parents, staff and external agencies to reduce barriers to learning and develop the social, emotional and academic progress of children with complex SEND, SEMH and vulnerable backgrounds across the primary age range. The role will include an exciting mix of: planning, leading and assessing aspects of individual and small group pupil learning; developing our inclusion curriculum further; liaising closely with carers and families; supporting, leading and managing a team of HLTAs and TAs; adapting and creating new systems, policies and procedures to enhance our provision and record keeping; further developing and leading on behaviour management systems and safeguarding for these pupils; leading on enhancing these pupils' physical learning environment and introducing proven, innovative best practice from current research.
Our ideal applicant will:
- have excellent communication skills
- have excellent relationships with pupils and parents
- have a flexible and collegiate approach to working
- have a positive, 'can-do' attitude
- be effective in offering professional challenge as well as support to their team
- show both creativity and resilience in approaching challenges
- have a background that includes experience and understanding in some aspects of counselling, youth work, social work or similar
- have experience of working effectively with primary-age SEMH and SEN pupils
- know a range of motivational teaching and learning strategies to engage pupils
- be experienced in specialist behaviour management strategies and TIS/THRIVE
- be confident in using technology to support their role
- have strong organisational skills and be able to use their initiative to work autonomosly within agreed parameters to meet deadlines
- have experience of leading teams and delivering change
- be ambitious and keen to make a difference at Archbishop Benson School
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to work in a Stand-Alone Church Academy
- A competitive wage
- A term-time only working pattern
- The opportunity to develop specialist skills and work with a large team of staff who have a wide range of expertise to share with colleagues
- The opportunity to play a leading role in shaping a new phase in our development
Usually, visits to our school are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged, however the current situation in schools is rapidly changing due to Covid 19. If you would like to discuss the role and/or potenially consider a visit prior to applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial conversation.
The full job description and person specification can be downloaded along with an application form from our website: www.archbishop-benson.cornwall.sch.uk. To apply, please email your completed application form to email@example.com.
Please note that candidates will be shortlisted against the criteria set out in the Person Specification. Candidates called for interview will be those who have met the most significant elements of the criteria stipulated.
Archbishop Benson C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: midnight 7th June 2020