About 1 in 3 people with coronavirus do not have symptoms but can still pass it on to others. Regular testing of people without symptoms is important to help stop the virus spreading and protect your loved ones. As lockdown restrictions gradually ease we all need to play our part to help protect each other.
The following people in England will have access to regular rapid lateral flow testing made available to them:
- secondary school pupils and college students
- staff of primary and secondary schools, nurseries and colleges
- households, childcare and support bubbles of early years children, nursery children, primary and secondary-age pupils and college students
- households, childcare and support bubbles of staff of nurseries, primary and secondary schools, and colleges
- anyone who works in an occupation related to a childcare provider, school, nursery or college, and their household, childcare and support bubbles
Children of primary school age or younger will not be asked to test at this time.